About History of UST Cultural Studies Program
- 2003: The cross-campus UST Cultural Studies Program was established. Cross-university collaborations started.
- 2003: The office for the UST Cultural Studies Program was established at National Chiao Tung University.
- 2004: Offices for the UST Cultural Studies Program were established at National Central University and National Tsing Hua University.
- 2009: National Yang Ming University joined the cultural studies team. Office for the UST Cultural Studies Program was established at National Yang Ming University.
- 2010: The Preparatory Office for the International Institute of Cultural Studies (UST) was established.
- 2012: The International Institute for Cultural Studies at the University System of Taiwan (IICS-UST) was officially established and registered with the Ministry of Education.
- 2012: The International Master’s Program in Inter-Asia Cultural Studies (IACS-UST) was approved by the Ministry of Education and began recruiting students.
- September 2013: The first students enrolled in the International Master’s Program in Inter-Asia Cultural Studies (IACS-UST).
- September 2015: The International Institute for Cultural Studies (IICS-NCTU) was promoted to a college-level institute at National Chiao Tung University.
2018: Sponsored by the Higher Education SPROUT Project through the Ministry of Education, IICS-NCTU was renamed as the International Center for Cultural Studies (ICCS-NCTU). The five-year SPROUT project “Conflict, Justice, and Decolonization: Critical Studies in Inter-Asian Societies” started.