近期活動 Recent Activity
Taiwan International Ethnographic Film Festival - NYCU tour- Onlinemore
近期出版 Recent Publication
The Myth of the Lazy Native: A Study of the Image of the Malays, Filipinos and Javanese from the 16th to the 20th Century and Its Function in the Ideology of Colonial Capitalism (Chinese version)more
How to apply
Admission Exam for Cultural Studies Programs, UST
You may choose International Master's Programs in Inter-Asia Cultural Studies, University System of Taiwan among National Chiao Tung University, National Central University, and National Tsing Hua University with ONE application. We also offer scholarships based on merit.
When to apply?
We accept applications from Dec 2020
We only accept online applications via http://exam.nctu.edu.tw/ during the above period. To apply, select 「網路報名及查詢系統」in the system.
What documents to prepare?
As part of the application, you are asked to prepare the following documents for your application portfolio:
1. One original copy of full academic transcript;
2. Personal statement and study plan (maximum 5 pages, in English or Chinese, inclusive of autobiography, previous performance, motivation of application, academic major, course enrolment plan, research interests, and plan of future development). One hard copy and one electronic copy are needed;
3. Representative works / Writing Samples (maximum 3 pieces, preferably argumentative essays).
4. Two recommendation letters
Your application portfolio will make up of 30% of your admission exam result.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in the oral exam interview.
The oral exam (with written test) will make up 70% of your admission exam result.
1. The oral exam will take place at __________________ on __________________.
2. The written test (“English Reading for Cultural Studies”) will take place in the morning. The exam consists of (a) “English Translation and Commentary” and (b) Special Topics in the four major clusters. Result for the written test will be used as a reference for the interview.
3. The interview focusing on your major cluster will take place in the afternoon.
For further details, please consult our website:
You may also contact IACS-UST Office for more information.
Contact number: +886-3-5731657 (Ms. Tan)